- Shut down the Unreal Engine.
- Navigate to your project folder, where there are files like Visual Studio solution file, and Unreal Engine project file.
- Right click your Unreal Engine project file.
- Select “Generate Visual Studio Project Files”. If there is no option like this, follow the steps that are described in this link.
- Now double click the Unreal Engine project file, and the Unreal Engine editor will open up.
- Now you can add new C++ source code and then compile it inside the editor.